Re: Rebuttal: Why IAPP is not for us.

  • From: Robert Erickson <cirkut8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Rebuttal: Why IAPP is not for us.
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:00:01 -0800 (PST)

What ever "vote" the board took it was illegal. I
stand by my words. Under IAPP bylaws the board is
specifically bared from filling the office of
president elect. Board member Allen Banks is a
personal friend of mine. When I asked him how Peter go
to be "elected" he didn't know what I was talking
about. No one had even brought up the matter with him,
much less asked him for his vote. I have no doubt that
after the fact the question was brought up to the
board and a vote quickly taken to cover the board.

I suggest that you read the bylaws. The office of
president elect requires that notice be given to the
membership a month in advance, a search committee
independent of the president be formed for to find
qualified candidates, an a quorum is necessary for the
vote.

Bob Erickson
3042 Cardinal Drive
Delray Beach, FL 33444