New Subject ! Galleries, art schools, etc.

  • From: Richard Schneider <richard.schneider@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New Subject ! Galleries, art schools, etc.
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:46:25 -0500

I am interested in assembling a list of galleries, museums and other exhibition venues that have a history of showing panoramic photographs and imaging.

I am also interested in creating a list of colleges, art schools or technical institutions that may feature panoramic imaging or photography as part of their curriculum.

With reference to the first subject: Some of you may recall that from 1998-2000 there was an exhibit in College Park, MD called "The Long View". It featured panoramic photographs from the National Archives and had supporting images and text. Well, the exhibit has been sitting in storage since then.

There is a proposal on the table here to break up the exhibit and just use the framed historic images to decorate our building. Before that happens, I was hoping to find an institution or institutions somewhere that might be interested in exhibiting the show intact. Perhaps it can even travel to more than one place, if there was interest.

You may either respond to me directly or for everyone's benefit here.

Thanks,
Richard