Re: Forget 360.

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Forget 360.
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:53:15 -0800

At 07:58 AM 3/30/01 -0800, you wrote:
>It is very easy to assume that one should shoot in wide angle for an
outside panorama.  Some of the most rewarding
>outside panoramas I have created are both only 220 degrees and shot in
telephoto.  It gives more detail, less lens
>flair and a far more interesting viewpoint.  Forget 360.  The brain hates it.
>
>I would be interested on other comments.
>
>Brian

*Your* brain hates it!  Mine is a 360 brain :-) I think it is a mistake to
try to make all panoramas just wide conventional images. The mind can get
around any type of image with no trouble. There are an infinite number of
ways to manipulate the picture plane. Go to an art gallery sometime and look
at the variety of ways the picture plane has been used in the past 20,000
years or so. The notion that pictures must conform to some narrow formula of
correctness results in mostly dull and repetitive scenics.

AZ