Open Letter

  • From: CustomLab@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Open Letter
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:38:10 -0400 (EDT)

I was in Napa Valley attending the IAPP International Convention lask week
when Mr. Erickson's letter appeared on this chat line.  The Napa Valley
Convention was very successful and well attended by many of our members and
fellow panoramic enthusiasts.

I returned home to find accusations which were truly unfounded.
Unfortunately, Mr. Erickson did not check the facts before he made these
damaging and hurtful allegations.  Mr. Erickson is upset and I no not know
why.  I thought all the past issues were behind us.  I even referred a job to
him when it conflicted with a prior commitment and he seemed pleased that I
contacted him.  All I know now is he decided to make remarks as to my ethics
which leave me almost speechless.

I have been a member of the IAPP since 1990 and I thank Mr. Erickson for
bringing me in.  In some way he appears to be slighted and I feel badly for
his distress and would have hoped to have had the opportunity  to clarify his
suspicions before any false accusations were published on a public forum
consisting of my friends and associates.

If anyone wishes any clarifications on any of the false statements made
against me or the IAPP, please do not hesitate to call me.

Peter Lorber
customlab@xxxxxxx
561-361-0031