Re: Cirkut#6 Film

>Hi,
>     I just acquired a Cirkut #6 Outfit and am curious as to whether anyone
>has discovered a source for the appropriate size roll film.  Any other words
>of wisdom or experience would also be much appreciated.  Perhaps there are
>others with this format Cirkut, so that custom film could be special ordered
>as a group if that would be possible or advisable.
>     Thank you for any advice or assistance,
>
>  --
>Robert Kent <rlylekent@xxxxxxx>

I just got a 6 outfit going and have been cutting down #8 film with a
dewalt 12" power miter box and a jig, then inserting a 120 spool end
that has a 1.5" washer epoxied on the end. I put a little tape around
the 120 spool post to get a snug press fit. As the outfit cameras
unspool the film opposite the regular cirkut cameras, I usually
reverse spool the film so the leader paper is black side out. You
don't have to do this but the film doesn't have to hit the felt plate
at  as sharp an angle, so doesn't have as much friction to run. This
tends to reduce banding for me. If you got kodak or someone to  make
spooled film I would be curious to know about it. It never hurts to
ask but kodak always seems to want a $5,000-$12,000 min order, and is
reluctant even at that.
  Jamie Young in Madison, WI