Re: software stitching recommendations?

  • From: Peter McLennan <peter@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: software stitching recommendations?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:55:41 -0700

At 04:28 AM 4/20/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Peter,
>What kind of limitations are you pointing to? What kind of alternatives
>are you expecting to? These answers would help any advicing ...

Jose, I see stitching errors on complex subject matter.  Specifically,
verticals like tree trunks are sometimes displaced laterally halfway up the
trunks.

I see sometimes see a vertical band of blurring or a reduction of sharpness
along a stitch boundary.

I'd like to be able to stitch stitches together.  This is difficult since
Photovista will only work with images having identical pixel dimensions.

The program has difficulty dealing with wide angle lens shots, especially
if there is substantial geometric image information.  Telephoto shots are
much less problematic.

I must say, though for $100 it's pretty amazing software.  Since it's the
only program I've used, I was curious to see if there were others out there
that did better.  It's not been revised for quite a while, either.

Peter McLennan