Re: [photo-3d] New point of view-Ernest Barnes

  • From: "John A. Rupkalvis" <stereoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [photo-3d] New point of view-Ernest Barnes
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:46:16 -0700

Interesting point of view.  Unfortunately it doesn't work; it only creates
eyestrain and headaches.  It would only work if one eye were located higher
than the other in our heads, but in any case does not add any volume (pixels
is pixels).

We do occasionally tilt our heads, however (such as when we are going around
a corner in a fast car or on a bicycle or motorcycle).

This can be simulated quite nicely with a stereo camera or a pair of
monoscopic cameras if the entire camera or camera pair is/are tilted,
keeping the baseline of both in line with each other.

 This is known in the film and video production industry as a "Dutch tilt",
or "Dutching the camera".

JR