S3D FS: Starosta Winners stereo slide set

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Boris Starosta)
  • Subject: S3D FS: Starosta Winners stereo slide set
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:35:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone:

It's been a while since I've tried hawking my slides here...  I thought now
would be a good time to start preparing some materials to go to Green Bay.

Some people have expressed an interest in seeing a set of slides that is a
fair overview of all my work (i.e. not a set of just nudes, or a set of
just computer images).  Now I feel ready to produce such a set, which I
will call "Starosta Winners 99."  Each of the ten stereo slides contained
in the set is an award winner in one or more PSA Intl. Exhibitions:

The Kiss ---- Best of Show, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is a portrait
               with a motion blur element.)

The Dream --- Best Creative, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is a female nude.)

The Law ----- HM, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is an action
               shot showing a Serb policeman firing a mil. rifle.  He is
               firing somewhat _towards_ the camera.  Duck!  Very interesting
               muzzle flash details.  Shot at night.)

The Pixie --- Best of Show, 1999 Hollywood
              HM, 1998 Image of the Year contest
              HM, 1998 Wichita
              1st place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Cascade Stereo Club
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex.html
               This is a nude with computer generated environment.)

Air Park ---- HM, 1999 Hollywood
              Best Contemporary, 1998 Oakland
              1st place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Cordova
              2nd place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Puget Sound CC
              HM, 1998 PSA Travelling, Utah Stereo Society
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex2.html
               This is a futuristic computer generated scene.)

Atlas Industrial Robot ----
              Best Contemporary, 1999 Chicago Lighthouse
              3rd place, 1997 Potomac
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex3.html
               This is a futuristic computer generated scene.)

Henry 424 --- Silver Medal, 1998 Hollywood
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/inude.html
               This is a female nude.)

Brandi 826 -- HM, 1999 Chicago Lighthouse
               (Sorry, not online yet.  This is a female nude.)

Shooting SURPRISE ----
              Gold Medal, 1999 Hollywood
               (Not online yet.  This is a humorous, "dual format"
               slide showing the life size nude anaglyphic phantogram
               SURPRISE.  The slide comes with an anaglyph viewer,
               and should be viewed both with and without the viewer.)

Tabletop ---- Best Contemporary, 1997 Potomac
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/iabstract.html
               This is a tabletop still life of glasses, liquids, + CDs)

This set contains both horizontal and vertical compositions.  Five of the
slides are previously "unpublished" - not yet sold as part of any set.  All
stereo slides are full frame 35mm in 2x2 mounts.  In future, I will sell
this set at retail for 50 dollars. BUT FOR YOU RIgHT NOW, the lucky
subscribers of s3d, I will offer this set at a pre-production price of just
US$40.-

I would like to have all orders accounted for in one week: by May 7, 1999.
I will have the sets duped the following week. They are professionally
duped, and of exhibition quality.  I may be slowed in the final
preparations of your set because of the birth of our second child (due any
day within the next two weeks), but I do expect to have all sets shipped
out by the end of May.

The bottom line:

$40 for "Starosta Winners 99" set of ten 2x2 stereo slides

$10 for a decent quality 2x2x2 35mm full frame stereo pair viewer.  Optional.
             Ugly and homemade, but as good as the "pinsharp"...

$3 for U.S. Priority Mail. (Shipping method outside of the continental
                             U.S. is Priority Global Mail: $6.75.)

Add it all up, and send your check or M.O. (foreigners please send cash) to:

Boris Starosta
P.O.Box 772
Charlottesville, VA  22902

Please don't forget to CONFIRM YOUR ORDER with me OFF-LIST as soon as
possible, and no later than May 7, 1999.

Thank you very much for your support,

Boris

Boris Starosta            boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                          http://www.starosta.com