S3D FS: Starosta Winners stereo slide set

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Boris Starosta)
  • Subject: S3D FS: Starosta Winners stereo slide set
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:06:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone:

Second call on this slide set.  Response so far has been muted, but I am
thnkful for the orders I have already received.  The proceeds from
pre-production sales of this set will finance my trip to to Green Bay, not
to mention more photography efforts.

In the past my customers have expressed an interest in seeing a set of
slides that is a fair overview of all my work (i.e. not a set of just
nudes, or a set of just computer images).  Now I feel ready to produce such
a set, which I will call "Starosta Winners 99."  Each of the ten stereo
slides contained in the set is an award winner in one or more PSA Intl.
Exhibitions:

The Kiss ---- Best of Show, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is a portrait
               with a motion blur element.)

The Dream --- Best Creative, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is a female nude.)

The Law ----- HM, 1999 Cordova
               (Brand new work, not online yet.  This is an action
               shot showing a Serb policeman firing a mil. rifle.  He is
               firing somewhat _towards_ the camera.  Duck!  Very interesting
               muzzle flash details.  Shot at night.)

The Pixie --- Best of Show, 1999 Hollywood
              HM, 1998 Image of the Year contest
              HM, 1998 Wichita
              1st place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Cascade Stereo Club
              1st place, 1999 PSA Travelling, SC Southern California
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex.html
               This is a nude with computer generated environment.)

Air Park ---- HM, 1999 Hollywood
              Best Contemporary, 1998 Oakland
              1st place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Cordova
              2nd place, 1998 PSA Travelling, Puget Sound CC
              HM, 1998 PSA Travelling, Utah Stereo Society
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex2.html
               This is a futuristic computer generated scene.)

Atlas Industrial Robot ----
              Best Contemporary, 1999 Chicago Lighthouse
              3rd place, 1997 Potomac
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihex3.html
               This is a futuristic computer generated scene.)

Henry 424 --- Silver Medal, 1998 Hollywood
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/inude.html
               This is a female nude.)

Brandi 826 -- HM, 1999 Chicago Lighthouse
               (Sorry, not online yet.  This is a female nude.)

Shooting SURPRISE ----
              Gold Medal, 1999 Hollywood
               (Not online yet.  This is a humorous, "dual format"
               slide showing the life size nude anaglyphic phantogram
               SURPRISE.  The slide comes with an anaglyph viewer,
               and should be viewed both with and without the viewer.)

Tabletop ---- Best Contemporary, 1997 Potomac
               (http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/iabstract.html
               This is a tabletop still life of glasses, liquids, + CDs)

This set contains both horizontal and vertical compositions.  Five of the
slides are previously "unpublished" - not yet sold as part of any set.  All
stereo slides are full frame 35mm in 2x2 mounts.  In future, I will sell
this set at retail for 50 dollars. BUT FOR YOU RIgHT NOW, the lucky
subscribers of s3d, I will offer this set at a pre-production price of just
US$40.-

I would like to have all orders accounted for in one week: by May 7, 1999.
I will have the sets duped the following week. They are professionally
duped, and of exhibition quality.  I may be slowed in the final
preparations of your set because of the birth of our second child (due any
day within the next ten days), but I do expect to have all sets shipped out
by the end of May.

The bottom line:

$40 for "Starosta Winners 99" set of ten 2x2 stereo slides.

$10 for a decent quality 2x2x2 35mm full frame stereo pair viewer.  Optional.
             Ugly and homemade, but as good as the "pinsharp"...

$5 for the new folding "Eurostereo" 2x2x2 35mm full frame viewer.  Optional.

$3 for U.S. Priority Mail. (Shipping method outside of the continental
                             U.S. is Priority Global Mail: $6.75.)

Add it all up, and send your check or M.O. (foreigners please send cash) to:

Boris Starosta
P.O.Box 772
Charlottesville, VA  22902

Please don't forget to CONFIRM YOUR ORDER with me OFF-LIST via email as
soon as possible, and no later than May 7, 1999.  Put STAROSTA WINNERS 99
into the subject line.

Help me pay for my new kid!  Thank you very much for your support,

Boris

Boris Starosta            boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                          http://www.starosta.com
usa 804 979 3930          http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase