S3D Re: Need advice on the opthalmic viewer

  • From: Dan Shelley <dshelley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: Need advice on the opthalmic viewer
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:21:43 -0600

Robert A. Schreiber wrote:

>     But, I have a few questions about it first..Are the sides
> adjustable, or the focus ?

Sides are not adjustable, but it's a six inch area to place your entire
head in there. Focus is managed just like a generic stereoscope in that
the image holder can be slid back and forth for each image, as required.

> I wear pretty strong glasses, and can't use
> a Holmes-type viewer because I can't get it close enough while I have my
> glasses on..

I have yet to meet anyone who can not use this viewer with their glasses
on. Also, it's a greater magnification than you may have seen, so the
images are easier to enjoy.

> Secondly, I can't tell if it's also backlit..

The light is above the lenses and provides front lighting from above for
the cards. This adds greatly to the viewing experience IMHO. =)

Dan