S3D Re: priority mail woes

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: priority mail woes
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:30:08 -0700

>I'd have to say the USPS is far more reliable than UPS. Never had a lost
>package. Had one hassle collecting on insurance, but they finally paid.
>The new Confirmed Delivery from USPS is great for .35 cents.

etc deleted...

>Elliott

Probably all 3 services have good and bad areas. When I'm at
home in rural Colorado, UPS is great, USPS is ok, FedEx stinks.

I once was waiting on a FexEx package with computer parts as my
machine was down. Had it sent high priority. Well, it was
routed to Denver (300 miles away) and MAILED to me via the USPS.
If I'd know they were going to do that, I never would have
paid the extra for premium service to begin with...and would
have just had it sent priority USPS.

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   12:30 PM Wednesday, December 15, 1999
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server