S3D Re: SCARCE View-Master Packets on ebay

  • From: Robert Thorpe <thorpe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: SCARCE View-Master Packets on ebay
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:46:05 -0700

Peter Davis wrote:

> >For the record, how do you (and others) categorize this stuff on
> >eBay?  Lately, I've only been checking "Photo Equipment:Stereo".

This method relies on how the seller wants to catagorize their items.
As a customer, I have pretty good luck with the following:

1. Go to www.ebay.com and click on the "Photo & Electronics"
catagory.

2. Click on the "Photo Equipment" catagory.

3. In the upper right hand corner check the boxes that say
"Search only in Photo & Electronics : Photo Equipment" and
"Search titles and descriptions"

4. In the search field type:

     (stereo,3D,stereoscope,stereopticon) -Nishika

Commas, parentheses and the minus are important. What this says is
if any of the first four things is in the listing, list the item.
But don't show me any Nishikas.

5. As soon as you get to the listing, bookmark the site and use
the bookmark to come back to the same place the next time. Right
now, I am getting about 200 hits with this method.

Robert Thorpe
Cedar Rapids, IA
thorpe@xxxxxxxx
http://www.skep.com