S3D How to classify stamps?

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <DrT-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D How to classify stamps?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:24:17 -0700

Peter Davis asked about the ebay categories... Good responses
both here in and photo-3d.  Currently I have a very unusual
group of items in ebay and I had hard time classifying it.

- REAL Stereoscopic stamps from Finland.  These I put under
  Collectibles:Photographic Images:Stereoview, even though
  this group is dominated by stereoviews.  I could not put
  it under "stamps" because stereo enthusiasts would not be
  looking there.

Take a look at these stamps, in case you have never seen TRUE
stereoscopic stamps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271313440

I also have some unique and unusual stereoscopic or stereo-
related Rubber stamps.  Here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271303375
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271306330
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271309286
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271311252

I used three different categories for these... The first went
under "photographic Images:Stereoview".  The second under
"Photo Equipment:Stereo".  The last two under "ViewMaster" since
they are related to VM.  I made sure to mention that there are
more under each description to increase the chances for stereo
enthusiasts to see them all.

George Themelis
mailto:DrT-3d@xxxxxxx