S3D Re: paypal? (fwd)

  • From: Bill Costa - Network Info Srvs <Bill.Costa@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: paypal? (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 06:12:48 -0700

   Arthur Payson recently posted in part...

> I tried to use Paypal for an Ebay auction I won, and after five days,
> the charge had not gone through.

   Well I've only used it once -- same situation, and it worked fine
   for me.  But that admittedly is a very small sample size!  ^_^

   I will mention, however, that I first tried to register in the
   evening and found the PayPal site to be almost impossible to
   stay connected to.  But when I tried it the next day at mid-morning,
   it went lickity split.

   But all this discussion did get me curious, so I asked the seller
   that I used PayPal with about his experience and opinions.  Here's
   what he just wrote back:

paypal is going thru growing pains... all the other services charge you and
me for using... i believe we work hard for our money, and we should enjoy it
in all our extracuricular activities.... hence why i went to paypal from
bidpay.... bidpay was charging you the customer  $5 per transaction albeit
they got a check to me.....

when paypal gets their ducks in a row it will be a super service... i have
the same gripe with them as you do... and i try to get on through a T1 line
at work so I can imagine what its like over a modem....

either they fix their problems or they will be out of business... but at
least they have the concept down solid.... their practice is a bit hard at
this time.....

    As for me, I guess I'll keep using it till I see a reason not to.

                                                       Later....BC

--
+---------------------[ Bill.Costa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]---+
| Bill Costa                                          |
| 33 College Road -- CIS        WORK: +1-603-862-3056 |   No good deed...
| University of New Hampshire   PAGE: +1-603-385-4205 |    goes un-punished.
| Durham, NH  03824-3591  USA   HOME: +1-603-435-8526 |
+-----------------[ http://pubpages.unh.edu/~wfc/ ]---+