S3D PayPal

I have two very irate sellers whom I tried to pay by way of PayPal (neither
of them were signed up with PP at the time that PP charged my credit card and
then made a deposit in a quasi escrow account for the sellers).  PP's pages
(if I may call them that) loaded so slowly that the sellers were irritated
before they got to any processing page.  Then they were asked to give PP
their bank account numbers and/or their credit card numbers in order to get
their money.  Neither of them mentioned anything about being offered the
opportunity to have a money order mailed to them rather than having the money
deposited into their bank account  (an option clearly spelled out in PP's FAQ
page) or, after having opened an account with PP, having the money deposited
into their account as a credit.  Both of them declined to give PP the
information asked for in the interactive form, exited from PP's website,
emailed me and asked me to remit to directly to them.  Bear in mind that my
credit card has already been charged for the items in each of these two
auctions.  The clincher:  I have tried to get a response from PP on this, by
way of their interactive Customer Service page; none of my emails to them
have been answered.

I must apologize for the length of this; but, as DrT knows from personal
experience, I have suggested to those sellers of high-ticket items that they
consider PP as an alternative to direct payments so that people like me who
can't accommodate cash outlays for high-ticket items (a relative term) can
use a credit card and not have to bypass bidding.  He sold a ViewMaster
projector a short time ago for somewhere around $360 and then chided us for
not picking it up at such a bargain.  I would gladly have paid that price but
could not do so because George does not handle charge-card transactions.
This is not to be construed as a complaint, but merely as an example of why
sellers should consider the added potential for higher prices (warranted or
not) for their high-ticket items.

I strayed a bit ;-)  but I'll close with this:  PP (with whom I am signed up)
works flawlessly if both the buyer and seller are signed up for their
Internet payment services or if a potential recipient of funds completes the
process of signing up so that the "escrow" funds can be properly transferred.
 It is my opinion that eBay's startup payment service, as announced 3-1, will
be subject to some of the same problems; a situation that should be taken
into consideration when this kind of payment option is considered by either
or both the seller and buyer. - threedeken