S3D Re: paypal?

  • From: Linda Nygren <lnygren@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: paypal?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 13:07:04 -0700

>www.paypal.com
>

>I used PayPal once with a Visa/debit card, so none of the above would
>apply. What I did find, however is that there is a charge for
>transactions under a certain amount.  I my case this exceeded the
>10.00 credit to my account for signing up.

>In short, it worked fine for me once, even though it did cost me -
>the second time it bombed. I've avoided it ever since.

>Any other feedback?
>Dennis Mahoney

As I understand it, the minimum credit card charge is $5 as far as
PayPal is concerned (if I read the fine print correctly), so I don't
understand how one transaction could have wiped out your $10 credit.
Unless it was a minimum set by your debit card rather than by PayPal.

I have used Paypal for a few transactions so far without any
problems. No cash advance fees on my credit card account, etc. I
personally will not give them my bank account numbers because I don't
believe there is any $$$ limit to the liability that a person can
incur from any potential fraudulant transfers, as opposed to using a
credit card where I believe the usual $50 limit would apply if there
was a security breach and fraudulant charges occurred. Does anyone
know any more about this? -Linda Nygren (Should this discussion be on
P3D?)