Re: [sell-3d] WTB: slide carrier for Compco 500 stereo projector

  • From: Oliver Dean <3d-image@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] WTB: slide carrier for Compco 500 stereo projector
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:09:54 -0800

From: Oliver Dean <3d-image@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Dogbreath!

Dogbreath wrote:

> Hi.
> Any suggestions for potential sources would be much appreciated.
> Thanks for your attention.
> DB

I have a Compco 500 that I altered to accept a TDC stainless steel
carrier with the self-contained shutter, which I think works a whole lot
better than the stiff light switches triggered by the carrier on my
Compco 500.  I had to design a couple of simple aluminum blocks for
guides and a fastening screw to hold the TDC carrier in place, and I
used these in place of the guides for the Compco carrier. Then I took
the carrier operated switches out and fastened the wires together so
that the lamps stay lit when the TDC carrier is operated.
Another advantage to the TDC carrier is that you consistently insert a
slide on the right side of the projector and remove the slide from the
left side of the projector.  With the Compco carrier, you alternate back
and forth between the two sides, which can get confusing.  Also, TDC
carriers are somewhat less difficult to find than Compco carriers if you
ever need a replacement.

Clearly, I think the Compco carrier is camel meat. But if you insist on
futzing with it, I'll sell you my unused Compco 500 carrier for $20.00,
plus $3.20 Priority Mail postage to anywhere in the U.S.. Frankly, I
don't think it's worth $23.20, but you may like it if your carrier
operated switches depress smoothly with almost no pressure.  I would
give you a 30 day money back arrangement, minus the postage of course,
if you don't like it and return it in the same condition as you received
it. Cashier's check or money order is best for immediate shipment.
Personal check is OK, but I need to wait for it to clear before I can
ship.  Contact me privately at 3d-image@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your address
if you want to try out the carrier.

Cordially,
Oliver Dean

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!