[sell-3d] FS: Keystone Visual Survey Telebinocular 46C

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] FS: Keystone Visual Survey Telebinocular 46C
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:13:37 -0500

How would you like to own one of the best stereoscopes ever made?
Here it is: Keystone Visual Survey Telebinocular, Model 46C:

http://home.att.net/~sales3d/VS.htm

This instrument is in excellent condition (rarely seen in such
well-preserved state, also cleaned and approved by DrT) and
includes an original oversize hard storage case as shown in
the pictures above.

Asking $295 plus shipping.

The Difference is in the Lenses

What makes this stereoscope so special are the lenses. A regular
stereoscope has lenses in the shape of a wedge, made by cutting a
simple lens in half. The thickness of a typical stereoscope lens
is about 7mm. The Visual Survey's lenses are made by cutting an
ACHROMATIC LENS in half. As a result the VS lenses are much larger
(and heavier) than regular lenses. The thickness of the VS lens is
about 21mm, or 3 times as thick as the regular lens.

Here is what I wrote in photo-3d about the lenses:

>The best part are the lenses which are ACHROMATS.  The difference in
>optical quality between this scope and the run-of-the-mill Keystone or
>other stereoscopes is very obvious to me.  When I got mine I was thrilled
>and went back and looked again through my entire stereo view collection.
>I noticed the lack of chromatic aberration and the increased sharpness
>that made details far away clearly visible.  I then went ahead and sold
>all my stereoscopes (including the famous Red Wing) to keep this one.
>I love it and would let mine go for anything!

Visual Survey Model 46C

In addition to the superb lenses, this instrument offers:

- Wide viewing area (to fit eye-glass wearers)
- Forehead Support
- Adjustable Height
- Illumination (via a Tubular frosted bulb found in every hardware
  store today - 25W recommended)

Plus the usual focusing stereoscope function by moving the card holder
back and forth.  Again, from an earlier photo-3d posting:

>This is one of the best (the best?) stereoscopes you can ever hope to use.
>It is a table-top unit (not portable) with a heavy base, adjustable height,
>forehead support, wide opening for glass wearers, etc.  It can be
>transferred from a table to a storage place but it is best used on a
>table with the user sitting in a chair and resting comfortably.
>
>By design this stereoscope is not very pretty, but who cares???  Because of
>the large size and possible emotional attachment, spouse prior approval is
>highly recommended. ;) ;) ;)

Asking: $295 plus S&H

I accept money orders, personal checks or credit cards via PayPal.
This very big and heavy item will only be shipped in the USA.
Buyer pays shipping (anywhere from $10.00 to $30.00)

Thank you for looking!

George Themelis
mailto:DrT-3d@xxxxxxx

LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!