[sell-3d] Super Stereogram - Excellent stereoscopic book!

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Super Stereogram - Excellent stereoscopic book!
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:24:23 -0500

Not many stereo photography enthusiasts are aware that this is
one of the best stereo publications available.  Somehow, the
term "Stereogram" has been associated with difficult to view/low
quality computer-generated images.

This book offers some of the best stereograms:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=299078780
(info on how to get this directly from me is at the end)

But this is only a small part of this 96 page book.  Starting with an
introduction by noted authority in stereo imaging, David Burder, the
book goes on to explore a variety of stereoscopic images, including:

- Natural (found in nature) stereograms
- Stereoscopic pieces of art
- Famous paintings converted to stereo by Makoto Sugiyama
   (similar to the ones found in the book "3D Museum")
- Accidental stereograms (called "found" stereograms that appear by
    accident/coincidence in flat pictures)
- Computer generated stereo pairs for parallel or cross-eye viewing

Finally, the book concludes with an interview by Bela Julesz, the scientist
who invented the random-dot stereogram.

Overall, this is an excellent book, recommended for every stereo library
You won't be disappointed!!!

I have 5 copies in an ebay Dutch auction but I think I have a few more...
Price, is a low $5 plus $2 for shipping.  I will continue selling these until
I run out of stock.  Email me if interested to get a copy out of ebay
or just enter the Dutch auction (it won't hurt! :-))

George Themelis
mailto:DrT-3d@xxxxxxx

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!