Re: [sell-3d] A cautionary tale and a conundrum

  • From: "Dan Shelley" <dshelley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] A cautionary tale and a conundrum
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:52:52 MDT

>With the above in mind I have to report that UPS responded  that the
>damage to the camera was entirely caused by poor packaging so they
>weren't responsible.

Additional caution... I no longer use UPS because they shipped a TV for me a
few years ago, and somewhere along the way, it was dropped at an angle,- on
it's side so that a 5 inch deep triangular cut was made into the side of the
box. This shattered the tube. It is my gues that this came from a platform
corner, or truck bumper edge, or something like that.

When I inquired about the insurance I had purchased on the item, I was told
the same thing Charlie was, it was improperly packed... HOWEVER, it was the
original manufacturers shipping carton and styrofoam molds - also filled
with extra peanuts to fill in all extra space. I could never quite figure
that one out, and never did get my money back. Just FYI...

Dan