[sell-3d] FS: Medical stereoview set with Dr Mayo

  • From: Linda Nygren <lnygren@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] FS: Medical stereoview set with Dr Mayo
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 20:15:44 -0600

I listed this earlier without much interest, but am trying again. FYI, I
have seen this and similar sets offered for $400+, so I have not reduced
the price. This is a duplicate from my collection.

This is part of the Kelly "Stereo Clinic" series, volume XI which
consists of a slip case containing two smaller volumes: "Cholecystectomy
with
Removal of Gallstones" and "Gastrojejunostomy", showing surgery being
performed by W J Mayo of Rochester MN fame. Copyright 1910 and 1913.
Edited by Dr Howard Kelly of Johns Hopkins. Each small volume is in a
flip
chart format, with a gold embossed blue cloth cover and two metal rings
at the top, with 13 and 19 stereoviews respectively, each about 3.5" x
7" on a 7" x 9" page with text above the stereoview. Moderate wear to
the slip case, and some scuffing/fading of the volume covers, also
browning of the pages with age but the views seem to be in pretty nice
shape overall. A fascinating set. $150 plus postage. Trades considered.

eLerts