[sell-3d] Re: rare lenticular reprints

  • From: King3ddd@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Re: rare lenticular reprints
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:29:34 EST

For those interested in lenticular collectibles, or for those who would just
like to have an example of this format, I have three very interesting items.
1)  Full sheet (8 1/2 X 12) of 24 Beatles "buttons".  These were produced by
Vari-Vue in the 60's and each button was stamped out.  The individual buttons
sell on eBay for about $10 each.  the buttons depict John, Paul, George, and
Ringo in a 2 phase - when the image is tilted their faces go blank and their
names appear.  Image is Black and White.  Their hair remains in both images.
The interesting thing about these is that they were never actually produced
as there is a misprint - Beatle is mis-spelled "Beattle".  They were
corrected prior to production.  This sheet of 24 buttons is produced from the
original Vari-Vue negative which I own.  I plan to sell these, and the other
sheets below, in various New York City flea markets and to select stores in
New York City for $75 a sheet.  Anyone here that is interested can have a
sheet for $25.00 plus shipping.
2)  Second item is the same size sheet with 24 2 phase buttons - Nixon's face
changes to the logo - "Nixon's the One". Also Black and White. These
individual buttons sell for about $6 each on eBay.  Again - entire sheet of
24 buttons for $25.00 plus shipping.  (Due to the negative the 4 buttons at
the right edge is slightly cut off but Nixon's entire face can still be seen
and there are 20 other buttons on the sheet.)
3) the 3rd item is the same size sheet. It is a full color ad for Finco
antennas (60's).  The ad shows a clown's face on a television screen with the
caption next to the screen saying - "Don't tolerate Ghosts and Color
Distortions".  When moving to the right or left the caption changes to "Enjoy
Sharp Clear Color Television"  The clown's face changes from blurry and
distorted to clear.  There are 3 ads on the sheet.  Very effective and
interesting and colorful!  Each one alone, when you can find it, sells for
$50-$75 each.  Entire sheet of three for $25 plus shipping.  Again - these
are reproductions I had made from the original Vari-Vue negatives.
Please e-mail me off list.
Sheldon Aronowitz