Re: Listing auctions (was Re: [sell-3d] ViewMaster packets and reels for sale...)

  • From: Peter Davis <pd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Listing auctions (was Re: [sell-3d] ViewMaster packets and reels for sale...)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:33:50 -0400

At 10:00 AM 4/17/2001, you wrote:
>> >I have placed 15 VM related auctions out on eBay. There are some
>good
>> >deals there if you are interested.
>> >
>> >Just go to www.eBay.com and do a search for seller dddesign.
>>
>> Not to pick on  Dan, but just as a tip for those
>> of you promoting auctions:  If you put in actual
>> links to your individual auctions, you're more
>> likely to attract more visitors.
>
>Actually, the links are so large that they get cut in half, sometimes
>into thirds. This causes more confusion than it's worth.

This is because your e-mailer is "word wrapping" your outgoing messages.  If you turn this off, the link should still work, even if it appears on two lines in the receiver's mail reader.

>> If I see a note that says "Go look up my auctions,"
>> I may not bother.
>
>That would be your loss. I am selling nice packets at VERY good
>prices. =)

I've they're auctions, you don't really know the prices, do you?

>> However, if the note lists the individual auctions,
>> and provides a link for each one, I'll probably go
>> check out the ones that interest me.
>
>I have done this in the past and it is not worth the extra trouble it
>causes - IMHO.

Ok, well, it's not worth my trouble to go look up your auctions.

-pd

--------
                             Peter Davis
               Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
               "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
           Resources for children's writers & illustrators:
                  http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/tvDVlB/TM