[sell-3d] Re: long links

  • From: JNorman805@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Re: long links
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:41:30 EDT

There's an easy way to avoid the long links, at least in AOL, and perhaps in
other systems:

1. Designate the page with the item you're selling as one of "My Favorites"
(bookmark it).

2. Right-click on the bookmark icon.

3. Choose "edit"

4. Change the name of the item from the long URL to a short descriptive
phrase, like "VM Grand Canyon 3-Reel Pack"

5. Click OK

6. Drag the icon into the body of your message telling people about what
you've got.  Instead of the long URL, the short descriptive phrase will
appear, and clicking on it will bring the recipient to the right place.

For example, if I want to tell people to go look at my twin Rebel rig on Paul
Talbot's Rocky Mountain Memories Enclopedia site, I could give them the
entire URL:

http://www.rmm3d.com/3d.encyclopedia/twin.camera/norman-rebel/index.html

Or I could just drag the icon from the list of Favorite Places and it would
appear as follows:

 <A HREF="http://www.rmm3d.com/3d.encyclopedia/twin.camera/norman-rebel/index.html">Jim's Rebel Rig</A>

If I were in a buying mode, being advised to check out someone's e-bay list
wouldn't deter me.  But I agree that it is more convenient to click a direct
link.

Jim

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/tvDVlB/TM