T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 239

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 239
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 10:38:50 -0400

P Abrahams asks:

> PC-Nikkor 35mm lens for stereo macros.  The authors used one fixed camera,
> shifting the lens between exposures for the required disparity.  This Nikon
> lens has the unusual feature of rotating about its optical axis, to allow
> shift at various angles, and also permitting a doubling of the shift (from
> the nominal 11mm to 22mm).
> I've been looking for such a lens for my older Canon F1, to experiment with
> photographic optics.  Do any readers know of a Canon perspective control
> lens (not auto focus)?

Canon does indeed make the FD 35mm f/2.8 SCC tilt/shift lens and has for
many years. They are available new from B/H for $1.4k and on the used
market for about $1k. It will couple to your F1 seemlessly.

Working in close with short fl lenses creates it's own problems however,
and the likelihood is that this lens (like its Nikor counterpart) is
more corrected for infinity than close up, as these lenses are typically
used for architectural purposes...

Eric G.