T3D Re: T3D Now yer in trouble

  • From: erker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Erker)
  • Subject: T3D Re: T3D Now yer in trouble
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:11:52 -0600

> design us up an
>ocular for our viewers.  He just needs specifications.  So
>what do you think?  Can we do it?  I have some specs which
>I imagine those of you with long memories already know but
>I'd like to hear input from willing participants first
>since I wouldn't want to influence the specs by being the
>first to say something.  Custom lenses aren't cheap to
>fabricate but if we get an order for some 250 pairs (is
>this even possible?) then they won't be any more expensive
>than off-the-shelf lenses he says.

  What format? 35mm or MF? If 35 mm do we
want 5 perf coverage or 7 or 8 perf? Ortho
FL or not?

  Are we talking a big diameter lens for
homebuilt viewers or a 20 or 25 mm diameter
ocular that we can retrofit our red buttons
or Kodaslide II's with?

  How much is "won't be any more expensive
than off-the-shelf lenses"?  $20 a pair,
$50 a pair or $100 a pair?

Questions, questions - Greg E.