T3D Re: T3D RE: TECH-3D digest 251

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: T3D RE: TECH-3D digest 251
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:49:55 -0600

At 3:14 AM -0700 on 1/27/98, tony wrote:

|  1) T3D digital camera resolution
|	by Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
|I don't want to buy the general group in detail, but here is more
|detail on digital camera resolution...it would *appear* that the
|digital technology is approaching breaking even now in terms
|of reasonable resolution with film technology (but see the
|discussion at the end).
|
|              You must be joking!   When did you last see a projected slide?    Then look at a video projection, Yuck!
|
|It's improved,  but still has a long way to go.     Take a look at IMAX with its 15,000,000 pixel equivalent!
|
|Tony
|Tony Shapps
|tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|http://www.wscreen.demon.co.uk

Dunno - just looking at the lens tests, at least as far as lines/mm
resolution are concerned, plus the on-line pictures of the Oly D-600L,
things are coming right along. These are for still pictures, though,
so if you look at overall image size, I doubt at this point if you
could generate 70mm or larger images at a reasonable (read consumer)
price.

Of course, I'm looking at them with a computer monitor, but people
who have printed the high res images via dye sub printers say they look
very good. I'm tempted to jump into still photodigital at this point,
which I have not been before (but the price is still pretty limiting),
even at $1200 US...

               Bob Wier
         mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  10:48 AM  Tuesday, January 27, 1998
     Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server