T3D Telescope eyepieces (Was: Now yer in trouble)

  • From: erker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Erker)
  • Subject: T3D Telescope eyepieces (Was: Now yer in trouble)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:06:54 -0600

>I use Orion eyepieces.  The only reason for lots of glass is to achieve
>a very wide field of view at the expense of contrast.  University optics
>supposedly has good buys also.  Orion seems to be pretty open about
>their specs and they do respond to email!
>
>I am particularly fond of their 40 mm Sirius line, (I believe it is/was
>"Sirius", I bought it 4 years ago for about $30 US.

  Are you saying that telescope eyepieces make
good 2d/3d viewer lenses? What size image will
they cover? Or are you using them for something else?

If so, Orion has a web page. The Sirius
Plossl is at:
http://209.66.79.54/CATALOG/755/48778.HTM

  If this is the one John is talking about,
it is now $59.95 for the 40 mm.

Greg E.

Deleted by request

Deleted by request