T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 264

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Boris Starosta)
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 264
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:24:12 -0500 (EST)

>be nice if the image showed proper (but enlarged) angular
>relationships between the stars.  In other words, what came into
>the objective as theta, ought to come out of the telescope as
>M*theta where M is the magnification.  So now the eyepiece needs
>to gives us h = f*(theta), not h = f*tan(theta).  h = f*(theta) is
>pincushion distortion.
>
>Make sense?  If not, please let me know how I can improve my notes
>because when I read them again, I surely won't know what I meant.  8-)
>
>*I had just seem a Celestron 50 mm eyepiece which didn't have
>distortion but it cost $250 each.
>
>Thanks,
>John B

That makes really good sense to me, and I thank you for the education.

Boris

Boris Starosta

usa 804 979 3930

boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.starosta.com
http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase

"The cut worm forgives the plough."
-Blake

Please send no unsolicited images or executables.  Thanks.  All
product names mentioned in this post are used for identification
purposes only, and may be trademarks or registered trademarks
of their respective companies, and the exclusive property of their
respective owners.