T3D Bugs In 3D

I received my copy of Mark Blum's Bugs In 3D yesterday.  I found all of
the images to be excellent and very interesting.  I recommend the book
to all.

In the Preface Mark mentions NSA, ISU and the web site
http://www.3d-web.com.  His books will help promote interest in 3D.

He also has a short mention of technical facts.  "Most of the images in
this book were photographed at magnifications ranging from one-half to
three times life size.  They were made with true stereo cameras, meaning
both images were captured at the same time.  Depending upon the subject
distance, the stereo lens spacing (stereo base) varied between two to
twenty-two millimeters.  For each image, the base was selected to
produce a natural (orthostereo) effect without exaggeration."  I have an
insatiable appetite for more technical facts.  How did Mark acquire two
simultaneous images with lens spacing of two millimeters (were mirrors
involved?)?  Also, how did Mark get flying insects to sit still at
exactly the right spot to take a photograph?

End of TECH-3D Digest 320