T3D Re: TDC and full frame stereo

>From: "Shu, Bill" <Bill.Shu@xxxxxxxx>
>Recently we acquired a TDC 116 Stereo Slide Projector.  I wonder if
>there is a way to modify it to show 35 mm full frame stereo pairs?  I
>was told that the standard carriage came with it  can only show single
>35 mm full frame slide, not stereo.

The 116 standard carrier has 40 mm wide apertures.  So in principle it can
carry full-frame slides (but some vignetting - darkening of corners- should
be expected)  You can either use RBT Stereo mounts or use the back channel
of the carrier (it has two channels, front and back) and arrange the
2x2 slides with some kind of spacer between them.  It can be done.  Is
yours missing the standard stereo carrier?

Elliott Swanson has given me a 716 projector with a modified mono carrier
for 2x2 slides.  Have not had time to play with it yet.

George Themelis

End of TECH-3D Digest 343