T3D Re: Sign-off request

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Sign-off request
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:59:57 -0700

At 6:56 PM -0600 on 9/16/98, Shu, Bill wrote:

|I will be traveling for a month and won't be able to read the messages.
|Could someone tell me how to Sign-off from this list.
|
|Thanks,
|Bill

SUBJECT line blank (or just fill in "xxx" if your mailer requires one).
(Note that there is no second "e" in "listserv")...

In the BODY of the message say something like

subscribe tech-3d Alferd Packer

or whatever is appropriate. You'll receive a confirmation message back
indicating that the subscription has been submitted to the moderators for
approval. Note that the listserv cannot handle mime encoded messages, so
you'll need to make sure that you don't send anything but straight ascii
text files (check your 'options' setting and turn off MIME encoding, or
possibly 'quoted printable' boxes).

To UN subscribe, do the same, except in the body of the message
place the following:

unsub tech-3d

(note there is no name necessary on the unsub command - in fact if you
put one, the command will be rejected). The unsub command is matched against
the address you are sending from for verification.