T3D Re: A Third Simple On

  • From: abram klooswyk <abram.klooswyk@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: A Third Simple On
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:28:39 +0100

On the vergence/accommodation issue Greg Wageman wrote (26 Sep 1998
TECH-3D Digest 367):
>(...) younger eyes are generally going to be more
>flexible.  However, some degree of practice and experience also come
>into play.  So younger, experienced stereo viewers will likely show the
>greatest degree of tolerance for OFD, and older (40+) inexperienced
>viewers will probably show the least.

I agree on experience but not on age!
The older you get the less is the accommodation range, eventually down
to zero. Normal eyes in old age are fixed focused at some distance, and
near-sighted people whith their distant glasses also. In converging far
in front or behind the screen accommodation doesn't follow because it
can't. So my advice would be: live so long that your accommodation range
gets small.

Abram Klooswyk