T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 373 macros

  • From: geoskell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 373 macros
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 02:11:56 -0500 (CDT)

Some years ago a fellow by the name of Stan Baird designed a slide bar for close-up stereo. It used a full frame 35mm reflex camera on a pivoting slide bar. It was suitable for any magnification. The movement was  2 degrees, so it did indeed have toe-in. Given the nature of the  subject matter I was never able to see any keystoning. The simplicity of the thing and thewide range of applications overcame any objections, to me.
I made up a dozen of these things (he sold them at $245) but could never find another person interested. Another failed project! Requiring two seperate shots it was not suitable for live specimens.

George Skelly