T3D Define Cardboarding

It seems to me that there was a rather long thread developed a year ago or
so on the P3D List, regarding this thing called cardboarding. As I recall,
there were differing ideas about the effect and what it looks like on the
screen or in the viewer. No offense to anyone, but is everyone thinking
about cardboarding the same way? Is there a clear picture in everyone's
mind about what this really is?

As I understand it, Cardboarding is the lack of depth in some parts of the
scene. The result is that certain objects look flat in an otherwise
Depthfull (Wow, a new word) scene. Am I correct in this?

RM