T3D Re: Medium format macro needs 2 more stops?

  • From: Bob_Maxey@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: Medium format macro needs 2 more stops?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:20:21 -0600

>>I dont' understand the thing John said about medium format needing 2
more stops for macro.

I understand that the film is larger, but isn't it still just as
sensitive to light?

I think he is referring to the increased light required because of macro
extensions. When a tube or bellows is added, you loose light. Therefore,
more light is required so smaller apertures are required. You can also use
close up lenses rather than bellows or tubes.

What you are concerned with is the depth of field so everything is as sharp
as possible. The fact it is a stereo image makes very little difference.

RM