T3D Re: Medium format macro needs 2 more stops?

  • From: Bob_Maxey@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: Medium format macro needs 2 more stops?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:15:55 -0600

>>I recalled that I had read somewhere about
a commercial stereo camera that had purposely set the focus on each
lens differently to extend or enlarge the apparent DOF in the
resulting stereo image.  I therefore set 1 camera at about 8m and
the other at about 4m.

I understand that one of the reasons David White stopped making Stereo
Realists is the lack of good lenses that are sufficiently matched. I also
know that one of the main points of stereo drummed into me was the need to
optics being matches. All this should seem to indicate that the optics need
to be as equal as possible. Can you provide info about the camera you
mentioned?

RM