T3D Re: DOF equal and ? (TECH-3D digest 381)

  • From: bobh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: DOF equal and ? (TECH-3D digest 381)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 00:50:16 -0700

RE:  For Wm. Carter..the Polarized headlamps were sealed beam
with the filter laminated behind the lens. A Headlamp is about 50
watts.
For Bob Maxey..the Mann Act..was taking underage girl across
state lines..or maybe any age girl for immoral purposes.
For John B.  I don't think we or Kingslake are in disagreement..you
maybe are not paying attention to how severe EQUAL IMAGE size
is.  It means that the 35mm frame with great depth of field and a
person image head of 1/8 inch..if blown up to match a 4x5 pix as
same f/stop with 1 inch head..the 35mm enlarged will now have the
same dof on the face..nose, eye , ear etc. The 'dof advantagne' of
small formats is that we don't enlarge them in the usual size prints.
 Minox pix (f/3.5) enlarged to 8 x 10 look like large format prints
because of the small depth of field in the big print. As 3x4 prints
they appear more like med format...because never stopped down
from f/.3.5.  BobH
Bob Howard (bobh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
SEND NO PIX OR PROGRAMS TO LIGHTSIDE!!
 Instead send those to: