T3D Re: ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

My F 4.5 Opinion:

I think the technical discussion is great, and I am glad to see it here,
and not on P3D. However, and please no one take offense, but I still
maintain that a generation of stereo photographers got by without relying
upon math formulas to help them. I believe it was Dr. T who posed the
possibility that even though many do not follow formulas, they have some
inner instinct about what they are doing and that is based upon past
experiences that are based on some fundamental rules. Forgive me if I was
wrong, Dr.

What I wonder about is the 1.2 mm measurement. That is a very small number
and I will assume that it is not always carefully measured, all the time,
in every situation, by all those who use these various formulas. I know
that I do not follow rules like the various spreadsheets show, I just move
the object ever so slightly, depending upon its size and magnification.

Cheers,

RM