T3D Re: ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

  • From: fj834@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dr. George A. Themelis)
  • Subject: T3D Re: ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:47:33 -0400 (EDT)

>The way nice things get developed
>is often the method of propsal and critique followed by fixed versions
>and the cycle repeating (sometimes many times).  There seemed to be
>progress being made both in calculation method as well as understanding
>the limits and usefulness.  So I think it should continue.

I agree.  Consider what was achieved in this round of discussions:
A problem situation was identified (running out of film space) and it
was discussed and corrected/adjusted.

I think we need to discuss the subject more.  Spreadsheets are nice for
people who can "read" them, meaning understand where they are coming
from and what their aim is.  We need to discuss a little bit more the
basis of these calculations and how they will fit in specific photographic
situations.  Discuss different ranges of magnfications.  Different kinds
of pictures, like tabletops, close-ups of nature, etc.  We need to hear
from people recording pictures and sharing their experiences on what
worked best.  Put these numbers to a meaningful environment.  Perhaps
this should be done in photo-3d?  I am not sure.

George Themelis