T3D 3D hype

At 1:31 PM -0600 on 10/18/98, E R Swanson wrote:

|Some of this reminds me of a scene in an otherwise forgettable film. The
|hero is challenged to a duel. So he claims the right of choice of weapons
|and location; blunderbusses from balloons.
|
|(Actually an interesting conundrum-- should you aim at the person, or his
|balloon?)

Only slightly off topic - on the History Channel this evening, they
said that one of the reasons that Napolean (yeah - *that* Napolean)
was promoted so rapidly in the army was that he was initially in the
artillery. His grasp of calculus was so good that he could hit things
better that just about anybody else. Interesting, no?

Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart today, and noticed in the electronics
section a boom box being promoted with a cd-changer being promoted
as a "3D" unit - it sure would be nice if this particular marketing
fad would fade into oblivian (and soon!).

THANKS

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   8:38 PM Sunday, October 18, 1998
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server