T3D Re: 3D HDTV

>BTW the Sony 3D-HDTV system I referred to was, indeed, an analog system.

This got me to thinking - the Philips ad for the flat screen
TV appears as if it might be a 16:9 format (hard to tell).
Since the last I heard these were in the range of $15,000
(3 college kids with one - yeah, right) does anybody have
a clue as to why they are running national level ads? Seems
expensive to advertise a product that's still mostly vaporware
unless they expect some kind of technology breakthru that will
dramatically reduce the price...

THANKS

                   Bob Wier
       mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   6:39 PM Sunday, January 10, 1999
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server