T3D Re: Coverage of Realist camera lenses

  • From: John Slivon <frogs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Coverage of Realist camera lenses
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 23:47:19 -0500

-------------------------snip----------------------
>Has anyone else done any practical experimentation (or have data) that
>would show if any of the Realist stereo cameras have lenses that will
>actually cover the full frame?

None that I know of will and that includes the Ektar lenses. Also, if by
"full frame" you mean 23mm x 34mm or even 33mm the answer is still, none
will cover completely with no distortion into the far reaches of the
corners. You can come very close to "full frame" coverage at the smaller
f-stops with just the David White f/2.8 anastigmats. I don't believe that
the extra 2.5mm f.l. of the Ektars would significantly improve on the
standard 2.8 lenses although I have not put them to the acid test. For more
info see my website at:
http://www.uslink.net/~frogs/jrsdesign/stereo_experimental.html

John Slivon