T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 505

  • From: lunazzi <lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 505
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:22:36 -0300

>                             TECH-3D Digest 505
>
>   3) Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>         by T3D Advice sought on home-made beam splitter
> I would like to make my own beam splitter and I wonder if any of you out
> there have any experience with them.

I made a two mirror system which is simpler, but just for long distance
subjects.
One mirror is put close to the lens, up to half of it.  The second one  is as
far as the base you  want to give.
You need to align angullarly one of both, carefully, and invert the
negative/positive when using it due to mirror side inversion.

The camera points at 90 degrees related to its ordinary viewer direction. It
allows you to take pictures as if you were not really pointing the subject, good
for FBI ...   8-)@

When the object is close, the difference in enlargement appears evidently, but
with a tele lens I could get portraits at 2m distance.

> Of course, the business of making a medium format viewer would have to be
> undertaken, too, but I'm thinking that such things have been made
> successfully by more than a few participants of this list.

I did not made the viewer, but a similar projection system.

> If there are web sites which explain the design and fabrication of the sort of
> beam splitter
> I'd like to make, please steer me their way.

Just the results, you can see in

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6146/estere.html

Are the first two photographs (the second one was cutted and converted to
anaglyphic).