T3D SLR Twinning project considered: Please suggest candidates

  • From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D SLR Twinning project considered: Please suggest candidates
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:13:53 -0500 (CDT)

Hi.

I would like to build my first twin rig from two 35mm SLR bodies. I suspect
there has been much discussion about this in the past, so rather than waste
a lot of list space revisiting it, maybe someone could direct me to an
archive somewhere or a website on the topic. I have an Olympus camera, but
I have no expectation that I'll be able to make use of it in this project.
If Nikon FE's are the most common donors, then FE's it will be! Is the
interfacing something that only an electronic engineer should attempt? I
get the impression that only cameras with electronic shutters are good
candidates. How about a pair of old AF Nikon bodies that can be triggered
by one of those remote shutter releases (MC-12A). Can the remote release be
"split" to fire two cameras simultaneously?

Thanks for your time/referrals!

DB

End of TECH-3D Digest 508