T3D Re: ray tracing

I think you need to seriously consider a program called POV-RAY. It is easy
to use, exceedingly powerful, and it is FREE. The source code is open, and
it will run on any platform. It has a great Windows Interface. There are
hundreds of add ins for creating special effects. Some of the most amazing
images have been created with it, and in my opinion it beats out virtually
any other program you might pay hundreds of dollars for.

The program generates graphics from a simple text file that is easy to
understand. all you need to do is get the command reference and you can
easily make changes to the files.

RM