T3D Re: stamped CD are forever

  • From: George Gioumousis <georggms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: stamped CD are forever
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:06:01 -0700 (PDT)

Bob_Maxey@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote

> I wonder why longevity is even an issue in the first place. So what if the
> medium only lasts 10, 15, 20 years? It does not matter, simply because
> there is probably no one on this list that will be using the technology of
> today even 20 years from now. I am sure that in the next decade systems
> will change to such a point that we will not be using the system we use
> now.
>
> RM

Sometime after my third child was born I got some prints of my
wife's grandparents, which were mostly in good condition. This
was about the time I started taking slides. I decided to shoot
some rolls of black and white, for the sake of any grandchildren.

That child is now 39, the Ektachrome taken then has faded, but
the BW is still good. I no longer use 127 film for color or BW,
but I treasure the pictures.

                           Stereo                Stereo
George Gioumousis           /---\        |       /---\
                             o o         |       o o
georggms@xxxxxxxxxx           |          |         |
(650) 494-6276              \===/        |       \===/
                        Photographer          Photographer