T3D TECH-3D digest 556

I am a newcomer interested in the contribution of Boris.  For a year or so
I have been experimenting with colour anaglyphs and wondering if there are
two filters which will give accurate colour reproduction.   Using Burder
Glasses to view prints or the screen the darker reds turn to black.   With
many films red roofs also seem to be recorded as black when the photo is
taken in poor light.   So is it the pass band loss of the red filter that
dulls the available light when a colour  test card is viewed through
anaglyph glasses?   Certainly making the viewing light brighter helps
somewhat.   If I put on my Burder Glasses and go out for a walk in the
sunshine, all the colours look right but that is only half the story.
Perhaps wearing two pairs might have yielded a different result?

How do colour anaglyphs work?   Does someone know?   Is it that the two
taking filters divide the visible part of the spectrum between the two
views and the brain manages, from the available information, to recreate
the colours as well as the 3D?

David Stone