T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 559

  • From: "William Carter, Ph.D." <wc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 559
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:25:47 -0600

At 02:06 PM 10/21/99 -0600, David Stone wrote:
>If anyone has had success with a complementry pair of dichroics it would
>be valuable to hear of it and, indeed, the source of the filters.

Dear David;

I use a pair of Wratten filters, #25 and #44A, resulting in what I consider
excellent color reproduction. These filters are also known as "two color
separation filters".
I've never used dichroics, but in the interest of precise color rendition,
the Technicolor two strip (as well as the three strip) cameras did.