T3D dichroics for anaglyphs

  • From: Peter Abrahams <telscope@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D dichroics for anaglyphs
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 00:29:32 -0600

>I've never used dichroics, but in the interest of precise color rendition,
>the Technicolor two strip (as well as the three strip) cameras did.

Does anyone know how they integrated the dichroic filter with the camera
lens?  My understanding is that light has to pass through a dichroic filter
at nearly perpendicular incidence, and that bandpass shifts as light passes
at an angle.  I can imagine a not-too-complex system, using a transfer lens
or a telescope, that makes the light path parallel mid-lens.  But certainly
the light entering any lens would have many skew rays.
Peter Abrahams   telscope@xxxxxxxxxx